Tuesday, May 13, 2008

An update on Dax Moy's Muscle workout...

1 week ago, we quietly started a project.

Consider it an experiment, if you will. Derived from the demented, twisted brain of someone who must certainly be a mad scientist, no less.

Or at the very least, a crazy, sadistic fitness trainer.

I don't know...we'll let YOU decide.

Dax Moy's muscle building program has been difficult. I know Dax well, and he would be upset with me if I told anything other than the truth.

So, here's the truth: the first week was awful. Painful. Getting up in the morning was met with fear at touching the ground with my feet, certain I would hit the floor. I feared going to the bathroom, where I knew I would have to lower myself to the toilet.

But, WOW... I'm getting bigger. And leaner. At the same time.

And I have a confession to make. I had to take a day off, even though I'm not supposed to. Not because of scheduling, but because of pain.

But, to be fair (and this is important): it's my fault, not Dax's. You see, for about 2 months prior to this program, I had been transitioning from a period of almost no weekly activity, to working out 3 times per week. During that time period, I was only doing 1 heavy set per body part.

The challenge is this: in order to quickly increase the size of your muscle, you have to increase the volume, or the total number of reps and sets per muscle group or movement.

Well, Dax's program does that. A LOT.

You see, I basically went from 1 heavy set per body part 3 times per week to lifting every DAY. And lifting a LOT every day.

So...word of warning. Make sure that you aren't coming off of a lifting hiatus when you start Dax's new program (which isn't available, yet).

But, I am DEFINITELY growing. :) I'll have measurements (and comparisons) for you later this week!

Take care,




Jeremy and Alissa Nelms

"The World's Happiest Fitness Couple!"

www.TheFitCouple.com

No comments: