Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Jeremy Nelms and Alissa Nelms... and Dax Moy?

May 5, 2008

Well, it's time to be a little bit secretive.

Many of you know that we consult with Dax Moy, the United Kingdom's top (and highest paid) personal trainer. Well, he is putting Alissa and I through a little project that he is developing.

The premise behind the secretive project is simple: put on muscle...LOTS of it.

So, for the next 4 weeks, I will be here telling you how I feel, putting up some before pictures and measurements, telling you about changes in weight, etc.

Oh...and letting you know how sore I am. And I don't mean kind of sore. I mean SORE.

But, hey, if you want to put on a LOT of muscle, you have to color outside the lines and perform outside of the box. And that is going to mean soreness. Period.

So, come back often, and watch as we chronicle the growth (and the pain).

May 6, 2008


We started the muscle-building program written by Dax Moy, the United Kingdom's top (and highest paid) personal trainer today.

And... it was difficult. I am currently accustomed to lifting about 3 days per week, and all of that is about to change.

Dramatically.

I WILL be sore tomorrow. Thanks, Dax.

Starting weight: 190.0 lbs.

May 7, 2008


Well, there is good news and bad news. I always like my bad news, first, so I'll start with that.

I'm sore. VERY sore. The bad news is that my elbows and lats are TREMENDOUSLY sore, to the point that it hurts to straighten my arms or reach up overhead.

The good news is that they hurt SO badly, that it is masking the "beyond normal" soreness that exists in my abs and chest.

It's kind of like having a sore toe and then having someone stomp on the other one, so the first one doesn't hurt so bad.

Pretty good start, huh? Thanks, Dax. I officially had my first negative, derogatory thoughts about you today.

Congratulations, my friend.

Today's workout made me question the value of really ever needing to move my arms again, but then I dug deep and did what had to be done.

It's tough. Hang on for the ride.

Today's weight: 193.5 lbs. (+3.5 lbs. from yesterday and the start. Witness the effects of inflammation and dramatically increased fluid intake.)

Measurements and pics tomorrow!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I'd love to hear how this is going...which of Dax's programs are you doing or is it a custom program? I've been following Dax's elimination diet since Jan 1st and love the effect it has had on my entire well being. I'd be interested to see more info on his exercise programs and some insider scoop from someone who is doing them!!

Jeremy and Alissa Nelms said...

Crystal, thanks for your comment!

I really can't say too much about the program right now. It's not that I don't WANT to, but Dax has designed a new program to help put muscle on quickly.

And I mean QUICKLY. And Alissa and I are fortunate enough to be test subjects. :)

So, I'll put some updates on this blog periodically about the program, but I can't give too many details...if you know what I mean. ;)

Not YET.

Take care,

Jeremy